Pineapple + Burgers = Awesome!


It was the last working day of the year, and I had some vague idea of making a special meal. Then Nick surprised me and came home early, so dinner wasn't even started. When I started looking for somehting to cook I found a pound of hamburger; I thought I'd make some chili. I'm beginning to realize that I make chili when I can't think of anything else.

I had gotten out all of the ingredients and opened the hamburger when I found a recipe for Hawaiian Burgers on the back of the package. After looking over the ingrediants list I determined that we did have everything (and I was already planning to add some extras) and I put the chili stuff away. On a bright and cold winter day we had Hawaiian Burgers with baked beans and sweetend iced tea.

The burgers tasted great and were large enough that we could only eat one each. I'll write up my Iced Tea for you when it gets a little warmer. (Apologies for the lack of burger pics, but we were hungry!)

Ciao!

--Zizi

Hawaiian Burger1lb ground beef
2 onion cubes (half onion chopped)
2 tbsp yogurt
4 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 egg
garlic powder
sage
salt&pepper


Sauce
1/4 c applesauce
1/8 c pineapple juice
1/8 c bbq sauce

1 pineapple slice per burger
texas toast--buttered&garlic toasted


Mix beef, onion, yogurt, worcestershire, egg and spices together; form into patties and fry (or broil, if that's your preference). Mix sauce together and baste burgers while they cook. Serve on toast topped with a pineapple slice.

Comments