Nothing to Wear!

Ladies, have you ever stood in your closet, staring at all of your clothes, and screamed, "I have nothing to wear!" Probably. And yet you manage to find something decent to put on and are reasonably happy with your choice for the rest of the day.

The same thing happened to me the other day when I walked into the kitchen to make dinner. It wasn't that we had no food, but there was nothing that looked like it would make a meal. Well, it was one of those times where we couldn't go shopping until the next day and we just had to make do. I found a can of creamed corn. We also had an onion and some milk. At the least that's enough to make a very basic corn chowder.

I fried the onion and some mushrooms in butter, then I added the creamed corn. I added just enough milk to thin it out some and melted in some cream cheese (that we randomly had) at the end. It turned out pretty good. Sour cream would have been the perfect thing to add the thick creamy-ness that is a staple in chowders, but for once we didn't have any. And the mushrooms were not quite the best. The ideal corn chowder has the onions fried with chopped bacon, and garnished with tomatoes and a touch of balsamic vinegar at the end.

My measurements are as follows:

1 can creamed corn
1/2 med onion--chopped
1 mushroom--chopped
1/2 stick butter
3/4 milk
1oz cream cheese
salt&pepper
dill
garnish with sage and paprika


If you have the means, I highly recommend you add the bacon and sour cream: it should be about 2-4 slices of bacon(chopped) and 1/3 c sour cream to one can of creamed corn.

Bon Appetite! -- Zizi

P.S. We only add the images here to make you hungry. Heh heh. -- Nick

Comments