Something Sweet...


I feel like I need to post something sweet; a dessert of sorts. We haven't had anything sweet in a while. And, sadly, it might be another week or two before we make anything sweet. We ran out of flour. And oatmeal, and we're almost out of sugar. So far this year has had that beginning of the month feeling where everything is just a little tight. But I've realized that I had had too many cookies in January. So when we do get baking supplies again I'm going to vary what The Amazing Omnivorous Child and I cook. The following recipe is one of the first things we'll make. And hopefully I'll have my new camera by then and will be able to wow you and make you hungry with good photos of great food!

Happy Cooking!

--Zizi

Lemon Squares

Crust

1C flour
1/2C butter
1/4C powdered sugar

Mix well, and pat into 8x8 pan firmly. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Filling

2 eggs
1C sugar
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp lemon juice

Mix and pour onto crust. Bake for 20 minutes again. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Comments