Crab Souffle


It has been a month or so since we've posted anything, but I've got stuff written and waiting. We've been so busy. Nick has a bunch of projects and side businesses and we've had to travel for the past few weekends. It has been a lot of fun, and Nick has promised me a new set of pots and pans at the end!

Today's recipe was something I made last week—wait, it was the weekend we were to stay with my parents, so maybe a month ago? Anyway, Nick had bought some imitation crab meat with the intention of making a seafood quiche for Friday. I knew that I was going to be really busy with packing and cooking for the trip, and Nick had a class that morning. So Thursday night I whipped it up. I used the quiche recipe but I did what my memory told me instead of actually looking it up. It turned out really well. It took longer to bake than I'd thought it would, but with seafood and eggs I wanted to make sure it was done. And I could have cut the crab meat smaller.

4 eggs
1 c sour cream
1 c cottage cheese
1 onion
1 c flour
¾ c milk
1 package crab meat
salt + pepper
garlic
sage
paprika

I mixed everything together, poured it into a buttered casserole dish, topped it with Swiss and Cheddar cheese, and baked it.

--Zizi

Comments