Wine Cakes

I was reminded that I promised to give you a few recipes that I cooked for Christmas.  I'm very sorry to disappoint you, but I can't give you the Nut Roll recipe this year.  I didn't make it.  My mother-in-law made that while I was making the Wine Cakes, and trying very hard not to get sick and let her know we were pregnant before Christmas. 

But I will give you the recipe for the Wine Cakes.  They are very good, and only something I have once a year because we're not in the habit of buying wines--especially sherry.  I do wish I had pictures for you, but by the time the cake came out of the oven I was feeling kinda sick.  And we all had too much fun on Christmas to stop and take pictures.  Sorry.

Wine Cakes

1 box yellow cake mix
5oz. instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
3/4C oil
1 C sherry
1 tbsp nutmeg

Mix all together and bake in a bunt pan--baking time will vary depending on the size of the pan--about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. 

When it's cooled, sprinkle with some powdered sugar and garnish with some holly leaves and maraschino cherries. 

Do you know how many times one can watch "One Man Band" in an hour?  Exactly 18 times.  I'm going to go switch it to "Cars" now. 

Enjoy!
Zizi

Comments