Banana Pancakes

I was sick over the weekend, so I did no cooking, and no writing.  But I have the most wonderful husband who takes care of me so well.  Neither of us take pictures of each other, or I'd put a picture here of him; so you must make do with a picture of the boys. 

We had our first baby appointment the other day, and got to hear the baby's heartbeat.  It was really hard to find, and when she did find it, it was really soft.  The baby is still little; the midwife said she almost wasn't expecting to hear it at all.  But all is good, and looks healthy. 


I love, LOVE, my dry goods tins, and had to share them;
They came from my mother!
Last night I was well enough to actually wash an handful of dishes and cook something for dinner.  We have been borrowing a movie from the library in which the heroine leaves home and finds she only has enough money to live on pancakes until she can start a business.  Well, there are a lot of pancakes in the movie, and Thing One picks up on odd things like that.  He's been asking for pancakes all week.  I figured this was a good time to make them.  I had one banana left, and banana pancakes with peanut butter sounded really good.  So that's what I did. 


Pancakes

1 egg
1 C flour
3/4 C milk
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients until smooth; fry about 1/4C in hot, buttered skillet. 

Banana Pancakes:  Beat in 1 medium banana, cut into 1/4inch pieces, and add 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg. 

I like my pancakes a bit thinner, so I use 1C of milk; and I mashed the banana completely--I don't like burnt banana chuncks. 

Comments