Monday, July 23, 2012

How to Waste Three Hours with One Click

I have recently succumbed to Pintrest as a way to increase the advertising for my Etsy shop.  But I've been finding so may good looking recipes there. . . .   I do plan on pinning my own recipes when I start writing some more (my food board is The Joy of Cooking, and Eating).  I'm not very confident about writing regularly until after the baby is born.  We have a few weeks left. 

Anyway,  I was wasting time one day looking at all of the good food and wishing I wasn't pregnant and that we had money to buy half of the ingredients, and I found a recipe for Churros.  I had no idea what Churros were, but they looked really good, so I re-pinned it to my board with the intention of trying it sometime.  Then I got the insatiable pregnant craving for something similar to doughnuts, but not quite so. . . I'm not sure, sugar-laden, flour-heavy?  I wanted some deep-fried air, but not so American. 

I was about to drag out my bread-machine and make some doughnuts again, but I thought I'd look at this recipe and see what it was first.  I'm glad I did.  I was surprised at how easy they were!  Even the chocolate sauce, which I hadn't originally planned to make but ended up making anyway. 

Thing One and I ended up cutting the recipe into thirds because I wanted to save some eggs for later, and I didn't figure that I needed 20 churros--which I might have.   And I didn't have any chocolate chips for the sauce, but 2tbsp of cocoa powder worked just as well.  And I didn't have a pastry bag, so I dropped little spoonfuls into the oil. 

Sigh.  Every time I see him I'm surprised at how fast he's growing up.  I know that it happens, I see it every day, and I know everyone says, "Don't blink--they'll be gone before you know it."  But it's so different to watch your own children grow.  In a way I'm glad we're having another one because we get to have both our growing little boy, and a tiny baby at the same time. 

Zizi

3 comments:

  1. Kids can grow up real fast! I'm always amazed at how big Thing One and Thing Two are! And now they're going to have a little sibling!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that picture was before I cut his hair!

      Delete
    2. Wow, he's so cute in that picture!

      Delete