How to Waste Three Hours with One Click

I have recently succumbed to Pintrest as a way to increase the advertising for my Etsy shop.  But I've been finding so may good looking recipes there. . . .   I do plan on pinning my own recipes when I start writing some more (my food board is The Joy of Cooking, and Eating).  I'm not very confident about writing regularly until after the baby is born.  We have a few weeks left. 

Anyway,  I was wasting time one day looking at all of the good food and wishing I wasn't pregnant and that we had money to buy half of the ingredients, and I found a recipe for Churros.  I had no idea what Churros were, but they looked really good, so I re-pinned it to my board with the intention of trying it sometime.  Then I got the insatiable pregnant craving for something similar to doughnuts, but not quite so. . . I'm not sure, sugar-laden, flour-heavy?  I wanted some deep-fried air, but not so American. 

I was about to drag out my bread-machine and make some doughnuts again, but I thought I'd look at this recipe and see what it was first.  I'm glad I did.  I was surprised at how easy they were!  Even the chocolate sauce, which I hadn't originally planned to make but ended up making anyway. 

Thing One and I ended up cutting the recipe into thirds because I wanted to save some eggs for later, and I didn't figure that I needed 20 churros--which I might have.   And I didn't have any chocolate chips for the sauce, but 2tbsp of cocoa powder worked just as well.  And I didn't have a pastry bag, so I dropped little spoonfuls into the oil. 

Sigh.  Every time I see him I'm surprised at how fast he's growing up.  I know that it happens, I see it every day, and I know everyone says, "Don't blink--they'll be gone before you know it."  But it's so different to watch your own children grow.  In a way I'm glad we're having another one because we get to have both our growing little boy, and a tiny baby at the same time. 

Zizi

Comments

  1. Kids can grow up real fast! I'm always amazed at how big Thing One and Thing Two are! And now they're going to have a little sibling!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that picture was before I cut his hair!

      Delete
    2. Wow, he's so cute in that picture!

      Delete

Post a Comment