I thought this looked kinda fun, and I'm tired enough to need to sit for a while still, but not so tired that I need to go back to bed. Besides, the boys are playing together quietly. And I need to stay off of Pintrest for a day or three; I'm getting depressed looking at all of the foods and crafts that I can't make.
This is the Liebster Award (as near as I can figure out it an "I love you/love your blog" award of coolness). It is given from one blogger to another and involves a number of random, cool things about them and you. If it is awarded to you, you have to post 11 (or 7) random things about yourself, answer the 11 (or 7)
questions asked by the person who tagged you and tag 11 (or 7) bloggers that you
like and come up with 11 (or 7) questions for them to answer. And it can only be awarded to blogs with less than 200 followers. It could also be just a fun game for the self promotion of small blogs--I'm okay with that!
I was awarded this from Nick's cousin (and the baby's godfather), Ryan, who writes "The Man Who Would Be Knight" I highly suggest you read it. And I, too, will go with the 7 of everything. Mostly because I don't think I'm in a condition to think of 11 of everything--besides, Ryan only asked 7 questions.
Seven blogs I follow (I hope they all have less than 200 followers):
1) Handmade @ Home
2) The Burlap Bag
3) Lily Pads
4) Tots and Bottoms
5) Never Give Up
6) Homeschool Faith and Family Life
7) Chew On This
Seven Random Things About Me:
1) Most of the time, I actually enjoy washing dishes. And folding laundry. It's the putting away that I hate.
2) I would rather pay for the pampering involved in actually going to a salon than asking a friend to come into my home and cut my hair. (It's kinda like going out to eat, just so someone else does the cooking and washing up.)
3) I want my boys to get more wooden train tracks for Christmas so I can make elaborate train set-ups all over the house.
4) I'm with Ryan on this one, I'm starting to not like cake. It's good, and delicate, and rich, and an illusion. There are so many other desserts that actually have substance to them.
5) I love mornings.
6) I think most forms of luxury, and pampering, are not necessary; most people would be just a comfortable and probably happier if they had less. (Personal Opinion Only!!)
7) I love old cars, especially if they have fins!
Seven Questions Ryan Asked:
1) Do we, in fact, need more cowbell? I have no idea what you mean by that. The only cowbell that I've ever heard was in an horribly abnoxious song that was made from the constant ringing of one. Based on that, I'd say NO.
2) To be, or not to be? To be. They say it's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all. In the same vein, it's better to have been, and been loved by God (even throught the worst possible life) than to have never been at all.
3) If you had the time, what would you learn? Everything. From learning how to play the piano, guitar and bagpipes to medeivil to modern Philosophy and moral Theology to Political Theory and History to how to write well to Arcitecture and Design--the list is as long as my imagination.
4) What does you blog mean to you? This one is a bit harder. . . Food Pantry Feasts is part of a creative outlet, it's a chance for me to show off, it's a way for me to better my writing, and the ability to think more philisophically, it's to help you make good food on a tight budget. That's all what it is, but what it means? That might take more thought than I have while I'm pregnant.
5) What's the first thing you are going to do when you get to heaven? Probably fall asleep on Jesus' knee.
6) If you had a super-power, what would it be? Practically speaking, I'd be able to make messes disappear. But I've always wanted the abilitiy to fly, and shooting lightning is kinda cool. Storm, from "X-Men" was always my favorite.
7) How many roads must a man walk down? 47, unless he has dinner reservations at the Resturant at the End of the Universe.
Seven Questions for my Seven Blogs:
1) What do you want to be when you grow up?
2) Chocolate, Vanilla or other (please specify)?
3) Who are three of you favorite authors?
4) What is you favorite peice of clothing?
5) What is your favorite toy?
6) What is your favorite meal?
7) Do you have a fetish, if so, what is it?
Now I need to go make lunch and play with the boys.