Special Thanks To:

Nick and I were astounded this morning when we logged back into Blogger and found that people have still been reading this blog.  Recently, too.  I haven't written anything in a long time, and I'd though that the readership would dwindle away.  That, and I had actually written a goodbye.   I had thought that I was done with this and that people were no longer interested.  I am often wrong when it comes to things like that. 

A special thank you goes out to Josiah and Lauren of The Burlap Bag, and all of their readers.  I love reading their blog, and they are so friendly, and crazy, that I feel like I know them personally.  If I'm ever anywhere near Texas I'm going to stop by The Burlap Bag and say "HI!" 

Another thank you goes to Julia, of Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body, and her readers.  I love her recipes and have made some, and I've even wrote about it and linked back to her blog. 

The past few months were rather up and down for us.  I discovered that I was struggling with depression after Mimi was born; through November I cut back on how much I was using the Internet and spent more time playing with the kids.  That really helped.  I also participated in NaNoWriMo.   That was a big challenge; I set out to write all the way from "Once Upon A Time" to "The End"  and not worry about making the 50,000 word count.  I made that goal, and my novel is now waiting for it's first revision. 

We all got the flu over Christmas.  We had a particularly rough two weeks, but even that did so much for finally kicking the depression that I think I'm rather glad we got it.  And Nick got me a single serve coffee maker for Christmas!!   After that the kids and I had an impromptu week with my parents while they had the flu.

Finally, as promised, Nick and I have embarked on our next adventure.  We have opened The Indigo Onion, a small craft and gift store, on Etsy.  And we have started a blog for it also.  Both are rather small, but we just started them this week.  And we are excited about making them grow. 

Over the next few weeks I'll be writing short posts updating you on most of our adventures and goings on as I get back into cooking, and writing about cooking.  Expect more from The Indigo Onion, and more about my writing, and more about the kids (Mimi is growing so fast, and Thing One is learning to read!), and there is even a rumour about publishing a Food Pantry Feasts cookbook. . . . 

Zizi

Comments