Lavender Sugar

A few years ago I came across a recipe for Lavender cookies, and now I can't remember where it was.  One of the things that I did remember from that was how to make Lavender sugar.  I did make some last year, and used it in my tea;  it took some getting used to.  But I am still interested in making the cookies.  So I started some more Lavender sugar.  All that you do is put a few tablespoons of Lavender buds into some sugar (I think the ratio is 2-3tbsp Lavender to 1C sugar) and let it sit in a dark place for a few weeks. The longer it sits the stronger the aroma will be.  I have my Lavender in a small sachet that I made.  You can put the buds straight into the sugar, if you'd like, they are edible. 

I will post the recipe as soon as I find and make it; and I will let you know how the cookies turned out.  
Ciao!
Zizi

Comments