Corn Chowder

I've talked before about my corn soup, and I'd like to share a bit more about it.  And this might be kinda short because the boys and I are at the library, and they are running around. 

I've been making bread about once a week, and when I do, I make corn soup.  I generally end up eating the entire pot of soup with half a loaf of warm bread.  How I make the soup depends a lot on what I have in my cupboards.  I always use a can of creamed corn, half an onion, a tablespoon of vinegar and some milk.  I like to use sour cream and chicken flavoring--if I have any. 

This fall I've been experimenting with adding different vegetables.  Not much works.  The fried green peppers added the best flavor, but the peppers themselves became bitter.  Other green vegetables don't work, and if you're going to add tomatoes only use a small handful or you'll get a red soup. 

Last week I added some mashed potatoes.  I know that that sounds really weird, but it worked.  It made a thin potato soup with corn.  It was really good.  It would have been better if I'd had some leeks to add.  I love potato-leek soup.  I did try to get a picture, but my phone has been weird about pictures lately.

Okay, we need to leave the library and go somewhere they can run around. 
Ciao!
Zizi

Comments